Saturday, April 4, 2015

Another boy quilt

It seems like all of my friends are having boys...which makes me have to really think of new color combos for quilts. Making baby girl quilts is much easier, I think. But I really like how this one turned out. It's comprised of red, orange, yellow, and gray fabrics. I used a "stack-n-slash" method for these blocks.
 
This is part of my process...after the blocks are made I arrange them on the floor until I feel it's balanced, and then I take a picture, because it always looks a little different when you take a picture.
 

I made some changes after the picture taking to come up with this as the final product:

I used a soft off-white fleece for the back, and free-motioned stippled the quilt. I love the way it looks against the fleece.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Pooh, I love it! You are so creative Mikelle!