Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Mesa in June

I took the kids down to Mesa for a few days in June. Luke and Shawnie visited over the weekend and then I followed them back to Mesa (sadly I didn't get any pictures of when they were here...but we went to Don Diego's and the ranch for a day).

The kids enjoyed playing with their grandparents

These two were a fair amount of trouble together,(Finley and Addison)

A trip to Bass Pro Shops for a bow and arrow for Hallie

Lots of popsicles and cool treats for these guys who aren't used to the heat

 A morning at the coolest park I've seen in a long time (Riverview park). It was too hot even at 9 am to do much besides play in the splash pad:

 A morning at the coolest park I've seen in a long time (Riverview park). It was too hot even at 9 am to do much besides play in the splash pad




A visit to see Grandpa Tom. The kids loved playing with the toys and getting their tootsie roll from Grandpa


I tried so hard to get a good picture of Vera and Kimber together. They are exactly one week apart, but you wouldn't know it. Vera is practically running everywhere and saying things like"I love you"

  • We also went to the local swimming pool for Family Home Evening with everybody. No pictures there because it was hard enough to keep an eye on my kids with my mom and dad helping me.
  • Diana had her baby shower one of the nights I was there. I'm so glad I was able to there for it and so sad she had her baby a few days after we left.
  • We played over at Janae's house one afternoon and the kids had a blast.
  • I got to go to the temple one morning with Luke and Shawnie.
  • Lots of errands and running around were thrown in there in the 3 days we were there. It's always pretty crazy and hectic because I try to fit in so much stuff!
  • I drove home with all the kids by myself and got pulled over for the first time in my life! Luckily I only got a warning.
We were only there for about 3 days before we had to head back to work, but we sure enjoyed our time there. And were really happy to come home to slighter cooler weather!

2 comments:

Shawnie said...

i have pictures of our FHE at carson! I will email them to you. Miss you guys!

Emily said...

I love family visits and splash parks. Why don't we have those here?