It seems like whenever I go to Mesa, I have some goodies that I need to take down....this is what I took this time:
This quilt was made for my soon-to-be niece, Vera. Luke and Shawnie are due with their second child in May, a couple of weeks before me. I'm excited for our girls to be so close in age, even if they live far away now!
I stalked Shawnie's pinterest board, and noticed she had a particular quilt pinned, so I told her I would be happy to recreate it for her. The fabric I used it Joel Dewberry's Aviary 2 line, with an aqua-ish minky on the back.
The quilt measures about 40" by 50". I cut 5" inch squares and just did a simple patchwork pattern. I decided to forgo batting, because I didn't want the quilt to be too heavy with the minky on the back. The result: a lightweight, super cuddly quilt!
I quilted little loops all over. I also machine bound the quilt, which is something I almost never do (I like hand-stitching it down in the back), but I wanted to be sure the minky wasn't going anywhere. It turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself.
I also recently made this casserole carrier for my friend Janae. I had pinned one forever ago on Pinterest, and she had commented on it saying she would like one....a year or so later, here it is! The instructions were easy to follow. It's basically two big rectangles, with some Insul-bright batting in between, so it can handle hot pans. Attach some handles, and some velcro, and that's about it!
3 comments:
I'm obsessed with my casserole carrier...you are the best!
I LOVE my quilt for Vera! And I can't wait for her to be here! Thank you SO much!
And I can't wait for your little miss to be here too!!
Post a Comment