Sunday, August 19, 2012

More baby boy quilts

 We have had 3 baby boys born into our ward in the last couple of months. I really try to give everyone a quilt...it's a good way to use some of my stash too.

Quilt #1: Plus Quilt

This quilt measures 42" by 48". It was made using 6.5" squares and quilted 1/4 of an inch away from the seams. The back is made up of some yardage I had on hand and a strip of leftover squares.







Quilt #2:

This quilt was made using the same 6.5" blue and green squares that I used in quilt #1, above. This time I appliqued 5" circles (cut using an old CD) onto the squares, then sewing the squares into a quilt top and then basting and quilting.

The quilt measures 34" by 39". I quilted a spiral in each of the circles, and then stippled around everything else. The back is made up of two different prints I had in my stash. The binding is scrappy, using some of the all-blue fabrics.










Quilt #3:

This quilt is made up entirely of scraps from other projects. I always use my stash on quilts...I rarely buy fabric for a specific quilt or pattern....and that makes me happy, but I am especially happy when I can make something work from scraps. Most of them cam from this quilt.

This quilt measures 35" by 41". The sashing is Kona Cyan (I think!). I stippled this quilt in an olive green thread. It is bound in some kind of Kona brown...I don't remember which now.


 
 The back is made up of one stray block and some yardage I had. The recipient was seemed very excited about the quilt and said she was going to use it to decorate the nursery!

I have more in the works now, but some of what I am working on is for Christmas, so it'll be awhile before I can show it.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Those are AWESOME! I make excuses that I can't sew because of my kids and here you are sew it up.

janae said...

super cute quilts!

Emily said...

they're gorgeous! For some reason I didn't know stipling was possible at home, I thought it had to be professionally done. I'm kind of a dork.