Sunday, October 23, 2011

Jaxson is 4

This is the oreo ice cream cake Wes made for the party. Jaxson had requested an ice cream cake, and it was sure good!!
Despite his mad face, Jaxson said that this was the best cake ever!


He loved the remote control car and 4wheeler he got.

Oh, our Jaxson boy. He is all boy, rough and tumble. He loves his sisters, but I think he really needs someone to wrestle with that would actually enjoy it! Hallie and Kamryn don't like wrestling with him.

It's hard for me to believe that he is 4! His chubby toddler cheeks are gone, and he is just a couple inches shorter than Hallie. Now that he is four, he is a dude (don't know where that came from), and when he turns 5 he will be a man.

He is so excited to be a pirate for Halloween. He's been saying "aye, aye captain" for months now. Now Wes has him talking about scalawag and walking the plank.

Jaxson is still very hard to understand. Wes and I understand 90% of what he is saying, but few others can tell. I feel like I am his translator. We are trying to figure out some option for speech therapy right now, since he didn't qualify for the school's program. Apparently his speech is not bad enough. We have worked really hard on his Primary part to get the correct pronunciation of the words, I hope people will be able to understand him.

Jaxson loves his sisters. Kamryn is his little side kick and imitates everything he does. He loves to make Addison smile, although he isn't as interested in her as the girls are.

He likes to make his own choices when it comes to clothes/style. He likes his hair to be spiky and to wear comfy pants (he hates wearing jeans). He usually wears his cowboy boots, no matter the weather. He doesn't like pajamas that have feet.

His favorite book is "There was an Old Lady who Swallowed a Fly". He pipes in with "perhaps she'll die" at the right times.

We are trying to convince him that he can go camping with daddy again if he will stop sucking his thumb. He has been better about it, so we will see. He loves going with his daddy and doing "boy" things (the girls enjoy this too). Camping, four wheeling, chores...he loves it all!

Jaxson can sure try my patience sometimes. He doesn't do anything the first time I ask. He can be very rowdy and loud. He doesn't like to share sometimes and heaven forbid you ask him to clean up his room/toys! But he can also be such a sweetheart, telling me that I am the best. He likes to make sure his sisters are ok too.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I think Jaxson is the cutest ever. I totally understand him (mostly), and he did GREAT in practice yesterday. He is SO cute.