Monday, May 16, 2011

Albuquerque Trip

Wes had to go to Albuquerque a couple of weeks ago for a temple trip with the young men, so we decided to tag along and make a little trip out of it.

We stayed in a hotel that had an indoor pool and the kids enjoyed swimming for a little bit. It was pretty ghetto and crowded in the pool, so we only swam for maybe half an hour.

The next morning Wes had to go trade his sandrail for a 4 wheeler, so he dropped me and the kids off at the aquarium.

We had to wait 20 minutes or so before it opened...don't let the sunlight fool you, it was cold!
The kids loved the aquarium, but it was a lot smaller than I remember, so it didn't take us long to go through it. I took them through twice, and then when Wes met up with us he walked through it with them a 3rd time.

The aquarium is right next to the Albuquerque Zoo and the Gardens. You get free admission to the gardens with an aquarium ticket purchase, so we walked around the childrens garden for awhile. The kids loved these oversized bugs.
The kids and I waited at the temple for Wes to finish (I was not about to drive around Albuquerque with the trailer for the sandrail on the back of my car!). I tried to get them to watch a movie on the laptop, but Kamryn wouldn't leave the buttons alone, so we ended up walking around and waiting in the hospitality area.
Don't let this face fool you! She throws tantrums with the best of them! Although it helps that she is so cute.

This is how Jaxson felt about Kamryn ruining his movie experience.



We had a good time but were exhausted when we got home. The night at the hotel left much to be desired, lets just put it that way. It will be awhile before we make it to Albuquerque again, with the baby coming soon.

(I'm now 30 weeks, and have not taken a single picture this pregnancy! I feel bad about not having documentation, but I'm feeling very large and not great about myself!)

2 comments:

meg said...

Kamryn is so big...not a baby anymore. I'm sad I don't get to see your kids grow-up.

m e a d o w said...

I really like that picture of hallie with that ugly fish. It kinda makes me laugh everytime.