Thursday, September 10, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

We got to go down to Mesa last Wednesday for a long Labor Day weekend. As usual, I tried to cram as much as I could into a few short days! We got to visit with friends and family, go furniture shopping and clothes shopping, swimming, see one of my cousins get sealed, see a new niece, and spend time up at my grandpa's cabin in Groom Creek!

I got to go to the Potato Barn and The Crowded House. I've heard so much about it, and I was really excited to find a buffet (it's really a TV console) to go in our dining room. Now I just want to replace my living room furniture and I'll be content.

I got to see my friends Janae and Adell...it is always so good to see them. Janae's baby is adorable. We had the best time taking pictures of our two babies...I'll be posting those soon. And I can talk to Adell forever. I had to force myself to go home and go to sleep!

Wes got to Mesa on Thursday night, so we spent Friday morning running errands. We got to go see our new niece (I tried not to be jealous of Banner Gateway, but I just might have to move to Mesa the next time we have a baby!), and pick out our buffet. After running back to my parents to change, we dropped the kids off at Traci Ayre's and headed for the temple for my cousins's sealing. I love going there with Wes and being reminded of the covenants we've made with each other.

After picking the kids up, we drove out to Anthem to stay with Wes's sister, Lindsey. The was the first time we've been able to use their pool (they've only had it for a couple of years now!). It was so refreshing! Jaxson loved the water, but Hallie not so much, as was to be expected. Thanks Lindsey for the great time! I even got to hit the outlet malls, and got some birthday/Christmas shopping done for my kids.

Saturday we headed up to Groom Creek. I haven't been there since I was pregnant with Hallie, so it was fun to take my family to all the places that we grew up loving. Groom Creek will always hold a special place in my heart...I have so many memories of summers spent up there with my siblings and cousins.

On Sunday we went to the schoolhouse and played on the big rocks. The boys had fun attempting various rock jumps. Later everyone went to Elephant Rock, while Kamryn and I stayed back. We also played down at the playground a lot. We had cousins staying at Aunt Jeanne's cabin, so we played some card games together, and let all the girls run around together.


On the way home Wes made a spontaneous decision to go to a deer farm that was right before Flagstaff. He remembered going there as a kid. The deer were so friendly, our kids loved it! We bought a cup of food, and the kids enjoyed feeding the deer out of their hands. Jaxson would hold the food in his fist, so it would take the deer forever to get the food out, but he loved it! They also had reindeer, a monkey and camel (random), some goats, and miniature horses. It was kind of expensive, especially given that Jax and Kamryn were free, but it was worth it. We may stop there again if we ever go to the Grand Canyon.




Ok, sorry for the long post, but I wanted to document the whole weekend for journal's sake.

1 comment:

m e a d o w said...

Hi,

I love that picture of Jax with the two deer on each hand. He is so funny. I think I just may come down that weekend since I have Monday off.

See ya!