Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Trip of a Lifetime

Wes surprised me with a cruise for Christmas. He coordinated the whole trip ahead of time, making sure everything I would worry about was taken care of. We left 3 days after Christmas and traded the coldest week of the year to warm and humid temperatures. We had a layover in Dallas and then landed in Miami. We spent a day there and then boarded our cruise line and stopped in Jamaica and Grand Cayman. We then spent another couple of days before heading home. It was the first time taking a trip like this since we were first married, and it was so nice to spend quality time together.


While in Miami we took a trip to the Everglades and spotted many alligators. We got to hold one too!

We boarded the ship on New Years Eve and had a fun time ringing in the new year.

Different towel animals everyday.
Our ship was actually really old, and didn't have many amenities compared to newer ship, but we still took advantage of all it had to offer...comedy night, movie night, theater shows, trivia games, etc.

In Jamaica we got to zipline through the jungle. It was so much fun! We also went on a bobsled, which was really like a rollercoaster. The landscape was so beautiful and we enjoyed jerk chicken too. 




Loved the architecture of the Miami buildings.


We spent a day exploring Miami...Wes really wanted to try the jet pack and he got the hang of it pretty quick!



Pet lemurs? Nothing was a surprise walking South Beach, nothing.

We went on a tour around the coast of Miami, seeing all the celebrities huge homes.

South Beach was absolutely crazy because it was near New Years. I bet we were the only ones not drinking that night.



Checked out Wynwood, a more artisty part of Miami. We walked miles to see this, mostly because there was a donut shop nearby that I really wanted to eat at.

 

In Grand Cayman Wes had schedule to go scuba diving. I don't have any video or pictures of this, because we didn't take our phones. I gave it a good try but just couldn't do it. I felt so clastrophobic, so I basically snorkeled at the top. Luckily the water was so clear that I still saw everything Wes got to see..huge fish, sting rays. It was so cool.
Nothing better than laying in the warm sun, reading a book, and eating endless ice cream cones. We ate soooo much food on this trip.

Ready to go home and see our kids! They stayed with Marshall and Thelma while we were gone for 9 days.

No comments: