Thursday, March 30, 2017

Saying Goodbye to the Old House


 We sold our old house at the end of March. Even though we feel really good about our new house, and know that we made the right decision, it was still a little bittersweet to say good-bye to the house that we owned for over 10 years. We went from one kid to 6 in this house, and have so many great memories of our little family living there. One of my favorite things about our old house was the massive garage, with the extra storage room above.

Where we recorded the kids heights, in the pantry that Wes built.

The deck that we wished we had put in much, much earlier.

Morgan will never remember this house, she only spent her first year here in the yellow nursery that I brought 5 kids home to.

The living room, with the fan Wes picked out all on his own shortly after we moved in,  because he knew I would love it.

How many hours were spent in this kitchen? While not the fanciest, I miss having an island and all the counter space.

The driveway we poured when Kamryn was just a baby.
It was definitely weird to drive by the old house the first few weeks after we sold it. I think we have adjusted to it now, but I still hope the family is loving it and taking care of it like we did.
 
The grass I came home to after I had been in the hospital having Addi.

No comments: