Thursday, April 7, 2016

Albuquerque Zoo

At the beginning of March we went to Albuquerque for a night so that we could attend the temple. It had been too long since we had been; it is never "convenient" to go, so we just decided this time to make it happen.
  Our good friend, who also happens to be our Bishop, was in Albuquerque for work meetings and he agreed to watch our kids Friday evening at our hotel so we could do a session at the temple. It was so nice of him! After the session we took the kids swimming at the hotel pool. Saturday morning I got to run to Target real quick (only to find out I had left Wes with no diapers and a stinky kid!)

We then met up with our Bishop and his family who had driven over that morning. We took 5 of their 7 kids plus all of ours to the Zoo while they went to the temple with their older teenage daughters. I was a little worried how it would go with 11 kids 10 and under, but they all did really good! We all had a really good time.

The polar bears were a favorite

Eating lunch at the zoo:


The peacock kept walking through where we were eating


Miss Morgan didn't want much to do with the stroller...I think it's because she always sleeps on her stomach. She did much better in my front pack, and then we would rotate out who got to ride in her place, depending on who was slowest/most tired.

Probably the coolest thing we saw, but I didn't get pictures of, was the hippo feeding. Kimber was looking forward to the hippos the most, and it didn't disappoint. They even had a baby hippo that she is still talking about.


After the zoo we took the kids to get ice cream and headed home. It was a fun day!

No comments: