Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Triangle Quilt

 I made this quilt for a little baby boy that was born to one of my friends. My friend's daughter is on Jaxson's soccer team, and that's been really nice to have someone to hang out with during practices and games.
 The quilt measures 35" by 44", and was made using various gold/orange/aqua/gray prints from my stash. The back was made with two larger pieces or yardage from my stash. My quilt was largely inspired by this quilt, but I used all my own measurements.
 It was pretty tricky getting the corners of the triangles to line up just right, some were better than others. I quilted about 1/4 of an inch on either side of the triangles, and I love the little "star" that it creates where the points meet.
I really likes working with this color combo and best of all my friend seemed to love it.

2 comments:

janae said...

I love this one

Emily said...

That is beautiful! We had a triangle quilt growing up that we always fought over. Funny how I didn't remember that until I saw your post.