Thursday, February 9, 2012

Addison at 6 months

This post is so late....I really contemplated just waiting until 7 months, but then I had guilt about it!

She loves this little elephant, mostly because she likes to chew on the ears.

Ok, so I took Addi (yes, we call her that sometimes now) to the doctor around 5.5 months, because I thought she had pink eye. Turns out she didn't, so the doctor went ahead and did her 6 month checkup (that was great news for me!).

This month:
  • she weighs 13 lbs, 13 oz. She is sliding down the scale considerably, but she is still the biggest of all my kids! Height was 24 3/4 inches.
  • she is learning to sit
  • Addison has the worst comb-over. Our bishop called her Mrs. Trump, haha. She is sooo bald on the sides and in the back, but has a lot of hair right on top.
  • She has gone back to either sleeping through the night or waking up once. She usually takes a morning and afternoon nap and a little cat nap right around dinner
  • she has separation anxiety like nobody's business! It is driving me crazy because she basically screams/cries when I'm not holding her. Anytime I put her down she cries...seriously like every time. It's hard for me to get things done, but I know she will out grow this eventually
  • she hasn't started food yet, but will soon
My four little ones. They sure make life interesting. I often think of how easier my life would be if I didn't have kids, of all the things I could do and places I could go. But then I look at them and think "how could I ever give this up?" I love my kids so much, more than I ever even knew I could. As crazy as it is, it is well worth it.

4 comments:

Becky said...

You are so awesome at keeping all the stats. I've given up for the most part. And I'm right there with you on the separation anxiety. I can't wait for Isaac's naps lately. Thanks for reminding me this too shall pass!!

Deanna said...

So far, your family is panning out to be exactly like my family (Theriot family). If you have one more girl then it will be exactly like mine. And I was the fourth, so that makes me and Addison the same. Hopefully that's not too scary news for you. :)

Emily said...

She is the cutest baby! And so calm and good. She's not wiggly or fussy, just sweet and good.

m e a d o w said...

It's so worth it to me as well for you to have kids. I mean, it is such a huge sacrifice sometimes, with all the responsibilities of an aunt, pretty much to be really awesome and fun, but I'm sure glad you did it. :)