Thursday, November 19, 2009

All in one Doctor's visit!


I took all three kids to t he doctor on Tuesday. Kamryn needed her 4 month shots (even though she is now 5 months), and Jax and Hallie needed their yearly check-ups done. My goal in scheduling all three for the same time was to only have to pay one co-pay, and to save time.

Well, save time I suppose I did, but they wouldn't let me just pay one co-pay, I had to pay all three. :( And since Hallie is not 4 yet (she will be on the 28th), they wouldn't give her any immunizations. So, "at my earliest convenience", I can bring her back. Hmmm, wonder when that will be convenient. It took a ton of convincing just to get her to see the doctor, and now we'll have to do it all over again. Oh well.


Kamryn is 24 inches and 12 pounds 11 ounces. They didn't give me her percentiles, but she is right on track with how small Hallie was, so I'm sure she is at the bottom of the chart.

Jaxson is 34.5 inches and 26.5 pounds. He is in the 25% for both. She was happy that his weight is in proportion to his height now. (For a long time he was less than 3%).

And Hallie is 38.5 inches and 33.5 pounds. The doctor said that her height is 25% and her weight is 50%, but that can't be right...she is so skinny and small still.

Jax didn't even cry when he got his shot! He didn't make any fuss at all. Kamryn cried for just a second when they poked her, and was fine when I picked her up.

It was kind of crazy to get all three undressed and dressed, while answering questions, filling out paperwork (5 pages on each kid!), trying to keep Kamryn happy and keep her from rolling off the table, keeping Jaxson from jumping off the table and from poking/biting/tickling Hallie and from touching Kamryn too rough, convincing Hallie that it is ok if the doctor examines her, etc. BUT, it was nice to have one appointment instead of 3. And then next time Kamryn goes in, I'll just have them do Hallies shot then.

We're grateful to have happy, healthy kids!

3 comments:

m e a d o w said...

Let's not be talking about weight to height proportions!! Ha ha, what if they gave us that information when we went? Sad. Mine would be "you're the shortest thing I've ever seen but quite average when it comes to weight...hmmm very interesting."
Anyway, darling picture of the kiddos.

Luke & Shawnie said...

Yay for healthy kids! I miss them! Cant wait for Christmas! Kamryn looks like she is loosing her hair!

mom said...

silly girl!........ are you kidding? 3 kids for 1 copay? I could have told you that wouldn't fly otherwise I would have whole families of 10 coming in at the same time1 It gets billed separately you know!

mom